
By Ferdinand G. Patinio A congressional staff arranges ballot boxes containing the Certificates of Canvass and Election Returns during the Joint Session of Congress Presidential and Vice Presidential Canvass at the House of Representatives in Quezon City on Friday. The canvassing of votes was completed Friday evening.(MNS photo) MANILA (PNA) – Commission on Elections (Comelec) Chairman Juan Andres Bautista has no intention of quitting his position, shrugging off claims of all six poll commissioners of a “failure of leadership.” He noted that there are no reasons for him to resign. “I am not thinking of leaving my post at this point in time at all because I did not do anything wrong. The past election is a clear proof that the Comelec can hold an orderly, successful, and peaceful election,” Bautista said in an interview. He said he is saddened by the current squabble at the poll body since they have just finished the successful conduct of the May 9 national and local polls. “I am a bit saddened because we have just successfully conducted the elections, where it appears that the public perception towards us went up. Now, with this, it creates some doubts to our people,” Bautista added. Last week, the six commissioners claimed in a memorandum a “failure of leadership” at the Comelec. Commissioners Christian Robert Lim, Arthur Lim, Luie Guia, Rowena Guanzon, Sheriff Abas, and Al Parreno want Bautista to answer at least 15 issues. The poll body chief said he has accepted that being in Read More …




