The Philippine team of Muay Thai fighters finished second place overall after winning 6 golds, 1 silver, and 2 bronze medals at the 1st World Youth Martial Arts Masterships (WYMA Masterships) in Jincheon, South Korea.
The medal haul placed the country as leader among South East Asian nations at the WYMA tournament, ahead of Thailand which placed 6th overall (3-1-2), Malaysia at 8th place (2-3-0), Vietnam in 9th place (2-2-3) and Singapore (0-1-1).
Host country South Korea topped the medal tally with 58 gold, 45 silver, and 39 bronze medals.
The Pinoy Muay Thai medal finishers competed among 600 athletes from 30 countries in 4 days of competitions early November.
The Philippine Muay Thai medalists at the WYMA Masterships:
- Gold – Ghen-Yhan Berdon (Muay | Boys – 48kg)
- Gold – Bryan Siglos (Muay | Boys – 63.5kg)
- Gold – Mariah Co (Muay | Girls – 48kg)
- Gold – Islay Erika Bomogao (Muay | Girls – 45kg)
- Gold – Rudzma Abubakar (Muay | Girls – 45kg)
- Gold – Liane Benito (Muay | Girls – 48kg)
- Silver – Kristian Narca (Muay | Boys – -48kgs)
- Bronze – Rosemarie Recto (Muay | Girls-51kgs)
- Bronze – Felex Dave Cantores (Muay | Boys – 60kgs)
The post PHI wins 6 golds, 2nd overall in Muay Thai tourney in Korea appeared first on Good News Pilipinas.