
Sen. Antonio Trillanes with members of Magdalo party, shows his certificate of candidacy (CoC) for vice president, at the Palacio del Gobernador in Manila, Tuesday. Trillanes will be running as an independent candidate, but expressed support for Sen. Grace Poe’s presidential bid in the 2016 elections. (MNS photo) MANILA (Mabuhay) – A possible impeachment move could be immediately initiated against Vice President Jejomar Binay if he becomes president, Senator Antonio “Sonny” Trillanes IV said as the Senate blue ribbon subcommittee concluded on Tuesday its probe on corruption allegations against Binay. Aside from plunder and graft charges, Trillanes said the subcommittee can still recommend more criminal charges, such as tax evasion, against Binay in connection with alleged anomalies he committed when he was still the mayor of Makati City. The subcommittee, headed by Senator Aquilino “Koko” Pimentel III, had already come up with a partial report, including a recommendation to file plunder and graft charges against Binay over the alleged overpriced Makati City Hall 2 parking building. “Every single act constitutes either a graft charge or a plunder charge or other violations of the Revised Penal Code,” Trillanes, who initiated the Senate probe against Binay, said at a press conference after the hearing. Reminded that Binay would be immune from suit if he gets elected president in the upcoming elections, Trillanes said: “Ganun na nga (That’s how it is) but immediately it can be used as a basis for impeachment.” “So kaya nga kung ma e-elect man si Vice President Binay Read More …