In a post on its Twitter account, the Coast Guard also said this brought to 25 the number of people still missing from the sinking of the MV Saint Thomas Aquinas 1.
As of 10:57 a.m., it said 733 have so far been rescued while 112 bodies had been recovered, while 25 are missing and the subject of search operations.
Last Aug. 16, the MV Saint Thomas Aquinas 1 sank shortly after colliding with the MV Sulpicio Express Siete.
The incident also caused an oil spill that affected Cordova town, and caused the Cebu provincial government to declare the entire province under a state of calamity.
On the other hand, the Talisay City council has asked the Department of Transportation and Communications to set up a lighthouse near the site of the collision to prevent a repeat of the incident.
The Coast Guard’s Board of Marine Inquiry is still conducting its inquiry into the incident, state-run Philippines News Agency reported. — VC, GMA News