3:32 pm | Monday, August 5th, 2013
MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) has not monitored any specific threats to its posts abroad after the United States (US) has closed at least 20 of its embassies in the Middle East and Africa due to threats.
“We recognize the prerogative and the need for any country to take precautionary measures to ensure the safety of their personnel and their people,” DFA spokesman, Assistant Secretary Raul Hernandez, told reporters Monday.
“So far they have not monitored any specific threats but they continue to monitor the security situation in their areas,” he said.
The diplomatic posts of the US would be closed until August 10 Saturday.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer’s day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer’s Reader’s Advocate. Or write The Readers’ Advocate: