
By Ferdinand G. Patinio TRIAD CONNECTION. President Rodrigo R. Duterte shows a copy of a diagram showing the connection of high level drug syndicates operating in the country during a press conference at Malacañang on July 7, 2016.(MNS photo) MANILA (PNA) – The Bureau of Immigration (BI) will be monitoring the movement of five Philippine National Police (PNP) generals identified by President Rodrigo Duterte as having link to illegal drugs trade, in case they attempt to leave country. Atty. Tonette Bucasas – Mangrobang, BI Spokesperson said that BI officers in all ports in the country had been ordered to implement departure protocols. “Our officers will implement strict departure protocols ‘yun kailangan ng travel authority from their department, mga ganun requirement,” she said. But, the BI official clarified that there was no hold departure order (HDO) issued against the police officials. On Tuesday, Duterte named PNP Deputy Director General Marcelo Garbo Jr., former National Capital Region Police Office chief Director Joel Pagdilao, Western Visayas regional director Chief Supt. Bernardo Diaz, Quezon City Police District director Chief Supt. Edgardo Tinio and retired police general Vicente “Vic” Loot, for allegedly involved in illegal drugs. Mangrobang noted that the BI knows what to do in case these PNP officials try to leave the country. “The Immigration officer would ask for a travel authority, to also refer to the supervisor na this person has appeared. Kasi kung may hininging documents na present automatic na I-refer sa supervisor ‘yun,” she said. On the case of the Read More …




