Skin savers: (clockwise from left) Murad Skin Perfecting Primer, Time Release Retinol Concentrate, Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture and Vitamin C series are available at Rustan’s.
MANILA, Philippines -Murad was one of the earliest proponents of vitamin C and its myriad benefits. One of the pioneers of cosmeceuticals in the late ’80s, he then pioneered nutriceuticals in the mid-’90s, never following beauty trends but setting his own. He was the first to use ingredients like goji berries, pomegranate and durian extract in his formulas (they source durian from the Philippines, by the way). Here are five current products I can’t live without:
• Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture – This super moisturizer not only locks in hydration for eight hours, it also tones skin and has a velvety-rich yet lightweight texture.
• Advanced Active Radiance Serum – Murad’s Active Radiance series is the ultimate answer to blah skin. This improves brightness, clarity and radiance by 60 percent in less than a week!
• Intensive-C Radiance Peel – I take a moment of “me time” once a week to relax and let this tingly peel smooth and enhance the luminosity of my skin.
• Time Release Retinol Concentrate for Deep Wrinkles – I love the long, beaklike applicator, which really lets you get in there and spackle your frown lines, visibly reducing them by 45 percent in six weeks.
• Skin Perfecting Primer – This high-tech primer adapts to your skin tone and offers a host of other benefits, shrinking pore size, evening out texture, brightening, controlling excess oil and imparting such a beautiful finish you may not need that much foundation afterwards. Comes in Matte, for oilier skins, or Dewy for a more radiant glow.
Lifestyle Feature ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch:
* * *
Murad products are available at Rustan’s The Beauty Source.